Setting up CVS for Snitch
- Download and install SmartCVS (or other CVS client).
These instructions are for SmartCVS.
- If outside the Villanova network, start the
gateway from IE (preferred) or a
late-model Netscape-type browser (slow).
- Test your connection by using your favorite SSH client to connect to
- If all is well, run SmartCVS, and do the following.
- Select Project->Checkout, then click "Manage" and "Add" a profile.
- Access Method = ext
- User Name = your username on cheetah
- Server Name = cheetah.csc.villanova.edu
- Repository Path = /cvsrepo
- Server Port = Default
- Don't use the proxy
- Authentication = Password
- Password = your password on cheetah
- Check or don't check "Store password on disk"
- Leave the rest as the defaults
- Click "OK" and follow prompts
- Assuming that works, click "Next" and select "snitch"
as the project to check out
- Click "Next", then select a place you want to put the project on
your local disk
- Click "Next", uncheck "Prune empty directories" (we might have
- Click "Next", leave defaults for Project Settings
- Click "Next", and take a quick look to confirm everything
- Click "Finish", and the project should be checked out!
- If you get an error message about not being able to connect,
double-check that you selected the "ext" rather than "pserver" Access
Method. If you did that right, email the Doc.
- If you get a failed authorization method, you might need to run cvs
login while logged in on cheetah. To do this, SSH to cheetah, then in
your home directory type: cvs -d
Then go back and try to do a checkout again.
- If things are still kookoonutty, email the Doc.